Rumson Municipal Court
Charlies S. Callman Court Building
80 East River Road • Rumson, NJ 07760 • Ph. 732-530-7131 • Fax 732-530-7150
Municipal Court Judge
Acceptable forms of in-person payment are CASH, CHECK and MONEY ORDER
COURT BUILDING WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Wednesday, January 13th, 2021 at 4:30 PM
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021 at 4:30 PM
Payments can be made online, by mail, or via the drop box
As of 5/11/2020 All municipal court sessions will be held virtually until further notice. Please contact the court to discuss your appearance and provide your email address and phone number.
Private Citizen Complaints accepted for filing 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Upcoming Court Sessions
- Rumson Virtual Court Sessions: June 10 and June 24
- Fair Haven Virtual Court Sessions: June 11 and June 22
The following matters are heard in the Municipal Court:
- Traffic and Parking Summons
- Criminal (Disorderly, Petty Disorderly)
- Borough Ordinance Violations
- Fish and Wildlife, Marine Police, Weights & Measures
Although the more serious indictable complaints begin in the Municipal Court they are forwarded to the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office for disposition or remand.
Please carefully read all the information on the back of your ticket.
If you are unsure if your ticket is mandatory or payable, contact the court for assistance.
If your ticket is payable and you would like to enter a Not Guilty plea, you must contact the court to be added to the court calendar.
If you require ADA accommodations, please contact the court to discuss your specific accommodation needs prior to your scheduled court date.
- Access your Traffic ticket information and pay online.
- Download the "Your Day In Court" brochure from the NJCourts.gov website.
- Visit the NJ Courts "Welcome to the Municipal Courts" web page.
- Download the "Welcome to the Municipal Courts" web page as a PDF document.
- Download the PDF form "Filing a Complaint in Municipal Court."
- Download the fillable PDF form "Private Citizen Complaint Certification.
- Download the fillable "Financial 5A PDF Form (Time-Payments or Public Defender Application)."
- Download the Fillable PDF form, "Judiciary Records Request."
- Visit the "State Fines / State Violations Bureau Schedule" webpage on the NJCourts.gov website."
- Visit the NJCourts.gov "Veterans Diversion Program" web page.
- Download a PDF document describing "How to Appeal a Decision of a Municipal Court" from the NJCourts.gov website.
- Visit the New Jersey Courts Online website.