Rumson Historic Preservation Awards Program
The Borough of Rumson wishes to recognize the efforts of those involved in preserving our unique architectural resources. Historic structures contribute to the identity of our community, and sensitive treatment of these resources ensure future residents and visitors will experience the same community character. Each year the Rumson Historic Preservation Commission may honor a project(s) and/or individual(s) for their contribution to the preservation of our historic resources.
For a historic property to be eligible, it must be listed on the Borough’s Historic Properties website. The property may be used for either residential or non-residential purposes. The award may be given either in recognition of recent work undertaken or of a long-standing commitment to preservation. Properties are judged on the basis of exterior appearance only.
Categories of Eligibility:
- Restoration / Rehabilitation - Older structures where major original features have been carefully preserved or replicated for original use.
- Stewardship - Effective ongoing maintenance and care of properties of historic and/or architectural significance.
- Sympathetic / Sensitive Addition - Construction of an addition to an existing structure that is consistent with the original architectural style of the structure.
- Compatible New Construction - Any new structure that is consistent with the original architectural style of the neighborhood or that utilizes historic materials and techniques.
- Preservation Champion - Celebrating an individual dedicated to preserving Rumson’s heritage
Preservation Award Nominations
Nominations from residents (including self-nominations) are welcomed. Nominations must be submitted no later than June 30, 2021. If you know of a preservation project or a special person who should be considered for an award, please:
Download a copy of the nomination form here,
complete the form, and submit your nomination by mail to:
Rumson Historic Preservation Commission
80 East River Road
Rumson, NJ 07760
or by email to:
Winners will be determined by the Historic Preservation Commission. All decisions by the Commission will be final.